Quickbooks application used for managing small business accounting. Intuit QB has developed two variants, one QB desktop & QB online. Both Quickbooks versions have their advantages & features that the user likes. But sometimes the user gets Quickbooks error 3371. The error occurs due to outdated software and window installed in the user system. Another reason behind error 3371 is the QB registry file got damaged or deleted by you. So if you want to know how to fix QB error code 3371, then you must read this blog.
Symptoms Of Quickbooks Error 3371
Typically, users are unable to identify why they are not able to easily work with QB when a QuickBooks error 3371 occurs. But your QuickBooks software suggests that there is something wrong with your software. Quickbooks indicate an error by throwing unexpected popup messages. These popup messages have different types of Qb error written that we wrote below.
- Quickbooks error 3371: Your license has expired or doesn’t available in our database
- QB error code 3371 with status code 11118:Quickbooks registry.Dat file mistakenly deleted by you or got damaged.
- Error 3371 with status code -1: This error also similar to above both error and appear due to missing or corrupted QB registry file.
Causes Behind Quickbooks Error 3371
As a software developer, we tell you, there is no software available that does not contain any runtime error. QuickBooks is also one of them and it has been observed that QB throws many errors when a user makes a mistake or misconfiguration.
Quickbooks Error 3371 is also caused by a user’s fault; For example, users forcibly shut down their PCs when QB is performing any necessary tasks such as version updates and file savings. Below we have listed some possible reasons behind this error.
- Your computer antivirus blocked QuickBooks to access local drive C, so QB is unable to access the Registration.dat file which contains your QB registration information such as user ID and license number, etc.
- User has not updated its operating system or Quickbooks software.
- Quickbooks software stores your QB license number and other account details in the QBregistration.dat file. If this file affected by viruses or deleted by the user. Then Quickbooks send a popup msg box on your screen because Quickbooks is unable to sync registration data from .dat file.
- QB requires an external tool to open a QBregistration file known as MSXML. This tool has been developed by Microsoft to use registry files, so if the MSXML file is damaged, QB does not allow you to access QuickBooks.
How To Resolve Quickbooks Error 3371
QuickBooks can recover error 3371 or status codes 11118 and -1 in different ways, that we explained below all these steps implemented on different user PCs. And it has been proven by Intuit developers and technical support team that it is working. So without wasting your precious time, let’s jump to the steps to fix QuickBooks error code 3371.
Step 1 Update operating system.
It’s necessary to use always the latest window updates because the latest updates use the latest security systems and include additional features that can resolve your issue automatically. Ok then come with me to learn how to update the operating system.
- Go to Window start icon.
- Click on the gear icon and then select Update & security.
- Choose window update option and select schedule the restart.
- Specify a time that you prefer and wait for update complete
- After completed download restart your pc update will be automatically installed your system.
Step 2 Update Quickbooks software
Before updating your Quickbooks, you should check the version of your Quickbooks. Because if you have the latest version of QB desktop, then you can skip this step. So press F2 to open software information, where you can see version details match with QB official latest release versions. If you have an outdated version, then follow the below points to fix it.
- Open QB and click on the Help menu.
- Then select Quickbooks Update and navigate to Update now section.
- You must check the Reset Update checkbox to remove all past updates.
- Now choose Get Updates and wait for downloading.
- After downloading, install it and restart your computer to implement updates.
Step 3 Use Quickbooks(QB) Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub is a set of various error fixing tools, that help us to resolve common Quickbooks errors automatically. It has five different error fixing tools available, but today we will use only the installation Issue tool. So let’s see how to fix Quickbooks error 3371 with QB tool hub.
- First, download the tool from here and save it in your local drive.
- Open folder in which you have to save download file of Quickbooks tool hub
- Double click on it and follow the instruction to install it into your PC
- When it completes the installation restart your computer
Use Installation issue section to fix error code 3371
- Navigate to Installation issue section and run the tool
- Now select QB error code 3371 and click on OK button.
- Wait for setup complete and after completing restart your PC
- Now try to access Quickbooks application you can able to use it.
If above all steps are not able to resolve your Quickbooks error 3371, then you must use a fresh installation of Quickbooks.